Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Born in the USA but Canada Was Nice

I travel. 
That may be an understatement.
I travel a lot.
Since the middle of May I have been to Italy, Jamaica, and Canada and that isn't even adding in the trips around the state and surrounding states. I might have missed my calling as a truck driver. My radio name could have been Diamonds and Diesel. These are the things going through my mind while burning up the highway.
Little Miss Small Town America
Top: Francesa's
Shoes: Madden Girl
Sunglasses: RayBan
After posting my last blog I realized I never posted anything about the Fourth of July and my family reunion. Fail. Way to go, Jones! So, since I just got back into the great Ole U.S of A, I thought this would be the perfect time to share some of the moments that make me proud I was Born in the USA but Canada was nice. 
Cheers,
C
GJ's turtle "Speedie" for the Terrapin Race at the Red Oak Independence Day Celebration

This gal is a beyond fabulous. She has only been in our family for a little over a year but I can tell you she fits right into our family of strong women. 
Love.
Wild Women
I wouldn't trade my family for the world.
 We take Kick Ass to another level.
Awkward Family Photo with Peyton and Shelley.
I love this picture for many reasons.
1) Reed's tongue hanging out while I cracked crab for him.
2) I didn't recognize myself at first.
3) My family knows how to eat.
What can I say about this young woman? Maggie might be the most kind hearted person I have ever and will ever know (with the exception of my mother). She radiates grace and beauty... with some witty remarks thrown in the mix. It still boggles my mind that she will be starting her sophomore year of college in a few weeks.
Delta Love.
This is what a Fourth of July Hangover looks like.
Until next year...

These are my grand littles, Madison and Heather. Let's just say the apple doesn't fall far from the fabulous tree.
Top: Gap
Shorts: J Crew


Bought the Dahlias at a Farmers Market in Tulsa.
They made Monday a little bit more tolerable.

Are these not perfection?
Brand: Seychelles
Not so much with these pants, but I can just see them paired with skinny jeans and a boyfriend blazer.
I am not sure if it is a sign, but I have been seeing poodles everywhere I go. I saw one in the Buffalo airport, all throughout my trip to Canada, in fashion and in my dreams. I know I do not need to have a pet right now, but this could be a sign of what is in my future.
 Super Prep. I can't help myself sometimes. It just happens. 
Oxford: Talbots
Pants: Lilly Pulitzer
Shoes: Gianni Binni
Watch: ToyWatch USA
Belt: Talbots (It is reversible)

What do we do while in Buffalo, New York?
EAT CHICKEN WINGS!
Anchor Bar is the originator of the chicken wing. Quincee is looking at Brian while he eats the suicidal wings on our first visit. Yes, we ate there more than once.
My brother's family take wings very seriously.
I love this picture.









You. Are. Welcome.








Queen's Clock
Love this kid.
Q and I Behind the Falls



Niagara Falls

Traditional English Tea at the Prince of Wales Hotel
Top: Banana Republic
Shorts: Vineyard Vines
Prince of Wales Hotel in Niagara on the Lake.
This was a ridiculously picture perfect town.




Starbucks and a Chandelier
Oxford: Banana Republic
Jeans: Banana Republic
Sunglasses: RayBan
Purse: Kate Spade

My family on the Hornblower right next to the falls.


Mom and I at the American Falls on the US side of Niagara Falls.


GJ was the bravest 4-year-old at the American Falls! There are about 5 different levels of decks at the base of the waterfall. After each level I would ask, "Do you want to go higher?" Each time he would say yes or no. Right before the last level, which is known as the Hurricane Deck because the water coming down is that of a level 1 hurricane, I said, "OK, GuyJack. This is the big on. Do you want to go up there?" He looked me straight in the eyes, smiled and just pointed up and said, "Let's do it!" He lasted about 3 minutes until the wind coming off the falls was a bit too much for he to keep his footing. My Aunt Kim took him to a walk way where the wind wasn't so intense. 
This is NOT the hurricane deck.

Buck and GJ at the American Falls.
My nephews are so freakin' cool. Oscar is about to start his first year of high school and GJ is going to Pre-K this year. 


When Mom and I got back to Tulsa we ate Thai food.
I can eat peanut sauce as my meal.
So good!
Today, July 30, 2014
I have to leave work early for a doctor's appointment in Tulsa and then I head to OKC for grant training. I basically came home just to unpack, do laundry and repack for my next adventure. 
Warning: I will be spending this weekend celebrating Sharry Mouss' Dirty Thirty. It will get a little wild.
Top: Gap
Skirt: Gap
Sandals: Kenneth Cole

No comments:

Post a Comment