Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Gotham City

I am notorious for not updating my blog. If I got paid to do it I would be a serial poster. Be thankful I don't get paid to do this.
The past two weeks have involved New York City, a county fair, ridiculously good chili and some weather making me long for fall (just like every other basic white girl).
While in NYC I didn't take as many pictures as I hoped. However, I did get a few. I plan to return to that city and truly explore it. I have never been one for "touristy" areas. One of my favorite parts of the trip was when I was leaving. That may sound harsh but at 4:30am the only people out were the taxi drivers and city workers making that place tick. You could see the skyline, the architecture, and the stars above the glow of the city. 
A big "Thank You" to my Aunt KK and Uncle Steve for inviting me to tag along on the trip to NYC! Although I keep thinking in the back of my mind I was invited to keep KK's things in my purse...
Holy Mutha Of Cheese Fries!
These were the best we ever had.
I may not be a Yankee fan but I am a fan of the food in Yankee Stadium.
Royals won the series 2-1!
Sunday was Derek Jeter Day at Yankee Stadium. There was a ceremony before the game including guest like Cal Ripkin Jr. and Michael Jordan. Between innings there were video messages from celebrities, athletes, sports commentators, coaches and more thanking "The Captain" for being a positive light to the sport. One might not be a fan of the only team Jeter has ever played for, but you have to be a fan of Jeter. 

"No Day Shall Erase You From The Memory Of Time."
Virgil
This was from the September 11 National Memorial.
A must see if you are ever in NYC.






Washington Square

I can navigate the Underground in London and the Metro in Paris, but the Subway in NYC would be the death of me.








Tavern on the Green. IF! I ever get married the reception must look like this.
I would go back here in a heartbeat.

When I returned to Oklahoma the weather turned cool. It was spectacular. This was last Friday. I was about to have a weekend full of football, cooking and decorating with my mom.

This was last week
Dress: Lilly Pulitzer
Shoes: Jessica Simpson




I had a lunch date with Miss Q last Thursday while her mom and grandmother helped with the county fair.
Cake Bread

Mixing colors for Teagan's Birthday Cake.
I made some hella good chili. And yes, those are Fritos in it.
I am such a Southern Lady.
Deviled Egg Recipe is on POINT!
Teagan's Batman Birthday Party!

This is what Monday looked like.



I wore this to work on Monday. I was cleaning and painting all day. One of my students took this picture of me.
Wednesday, September 17
Pants and Tee: Banana Republic
Kimono: Jazz-E-Jewelz Poteau, OK
Shoes: Target





No comments:

Post a Comment