Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Devil Virus

I am proud to announce that I am alive. I honestly didn't know if I was going to make it through yesterday. When I finally started to feel more like death and less like I was already 6 feet under I decided to take my temperature. Just a little 102.4. No big deal. Can the flu only last 24 hours? If so, BINGO! I am a victim. 
 My lifesavers yesterday: EmergenC, orange juice with mango, cookie dough, water and lots of children's Tylenol. There might have been some codeine thrown in there at some point.

I did not take a picture of myself yesterday but I can assure you it was fabulous. I will let you use your imagination: red plaid pajama pants that are 2 sizes too big, random green t-shirt, fleece pullover that attracted everything but a man, gnarly wool socks and furry house shoes. I was wrapped in a blanket all day and threw on a sports bra around 1pm when I made myself get out of my bed.
It was a miserable day.

However, today is a new day. I am still a little sore, but I can handle that pain. Work has been a breeze and I am just playing catch up. Lots of emails to respond to and send. Students aren't back on campus until next week. Plenty of time to get things for the semester together.

Over the weekend I traveled to Dallas with manfriend and his family to watch the Oklahoma State Cowboys in the Cotton Bowl. It didn't end the way we wanted but it was still a good trip. 


I added a little something to my office today. 

  This is today's outfit Jan 7, 2014---->
I still don't feel fabulous and my eyes are puffy from whatever devil virus was inside me.

Jeans: Calvin Klein 
Top: Old Navy
Boots: Fergie
Scarf: Marley Lilly
Hat: I have no idea
Glasses: BIG



No comments:

Post a Comment