Monday, January 13, 2014

I have her lips and her nose...

I hope today finds each and everyone of you happy and healthy. Since my last post my world has been turned upside down. 
Tuesday was one of the most productive days. I accomplished so much and felt amazing even though I was miserably sick Monday. As I was talking to my mother on the phone last Tuesday night, she got another phone call. "Carly, it's Dru. Let me call you back." This is never out of the ordinary. I proceeded to make dinner and start the process of taking down my Christmas tree (I love putting it up, but taking the tree down is always so sad). A few minutes later my phone rang and my cousin Dru was calling me. I answered with a cheerful, "Hello!" and that is when Dru replied, "You haven't talked to anyone, have you?" It was at that point I knew something was wrong. Dru was calling to inform me that my grandmother Ginny had suddenly and unexpectedly passed away. 
 Ginny and Chief Bill John Baker


That was the beginning of the longest week of my life.
My grandmother has 5 daughters. My mother and her sisters were heartbroken along with the rest of our family and hometown.
My friend Ryan sent these in memory of Ginny.
I can not begin to express the love and kindness that was shown from our community. There is no place like Red Oak, OK. Thank you to each and everyone who called, wrote, and emailed during this very difficult time for my family. We are all very sad, but we also feel very fortunate to have had such an amazing, funny, witty and beautiful woman for so long.



Teagan is wearing a flannel gown my Nan made me when I was little. She put it on over the weekend. I had to share how cute she looks in it. My mom did a great job of keeping my baby clothes. Many of my little cousin's have worn my dresses and outfits.














 Monday, January 13, 2014---------->
Over the past week, my family and I have gone through so many pictures for my Ginny's memorial service. I have never really thought I looked like anyone in my family, but this week we all found out I do. I look just like my Ginny. I have her full lips and I have her nose. Ginny was quite the looker. She was tan and had dark hair. I always struggled with my relationship with her. Maybe it was because we were so much alike. We are both independent women and can take on any challenge. We will fight for the things we are passionate about and we are both witty as hell. I will miss my Ginny everyday.



Outfit: Sweater--Banana Republic
Jeans: Gap 1969
Shoes: Sperry
Ring: Harry James


I love the back detail of this sweater.

No comments:

Post a Comment