Monday, January 27, 2014

Live While You Are Alive.

Over the past few weeks I have had time to think about life. What do I really want out of it? How do I want to live? Do I live each day without regrets?

My Grandpa Guy is in the middle of this picture.
I know a lot of this stems from the unexpected passing of my grandmother and the declining health of my grandfather. Some people are consumed with the fear of death. I refuse to live this way. If we are so scared of death and dying everyday of our lives, are we really living life to the fullest?

L and I. He is my favorite and I am his.
L's theory in life: Buy the shoes.
Yesterday, my family met at Pete's Place in Krebs, OK for a Going Away Meal for my cousin Lane. For those of you who do not know, L is a professional baseball player and is in the Kansas City Royals Organization. He is still in the minor league, but was recently placed on the 40 man roster. This is a huge step! At lunch, my aunt Shelley (L's mom) thanked everyone for coming. She expressed that this year will be a lot of firsts in our family and she didn't want to throw a big going away party because such a big part of our lives was missing. L never liked being in the center of attention, but Ginny always wanted to do something and celebrate him. If L gets called up to the show, she will have the best seat in the house. My grandmother was L's biggest fan and loved bragging about his accomplishments. 

There are a few things I have learned over the past few weeks. I am not sure why it took me so long to learn these simple lessons, but they will stay with me forever.
Teagan gave me my first Valentine.

So glad I bought this statement necklace!
1) Tell people you love them. You never know when it is the last time you will see them. Tell them and tell them often.
2) Take the chance. Don't ever look back and think, "What if..."


Teagan wears what she wants. Girl after my own heart!


3) Buy the statement necklace 
and the shoes. 
They will come in handy.
4) Don't save an outfit for a special occasion. Every day is a special occasion. 
5) Family is the greatest gift. Spend as much time with them.
6) Work puzzles.
7) Take pictures. Lots of pictures.
8) Do what is best for you. You are stronger than you think.
9) Eat. You can eat like a bird and go on every gluten free, Paleo, only organic, Vegan, cabbage soup diet out there, but you will never be happier than that bird with a french fry. My cousin Jade says, "You have to have a cheat day."
I ate the Reese Cup heart.
10) Live While You Are Alive. Do all of the above and more. Bungee Jump, Sky Dive, Travel, Take Risks, Quit Your Job, Fall in Love, Get Divorced, Have a Baby If You Want A Baby, Watch Movies, Go To Concerts, Be Daring, Be Happy. Do whatever you want. Just Live.







I can't remember what day this was last week. Clothes have been ordered. 
Shirt: Gap
Jeans: Kenneth Cole Reaction
Boots: Naturalizer




 Today, January 27, 2014
<----------- font="">
Woke up to it freezing outside. Didn't wash my hair and didn't care. Hot rollers fix everything.
Top and Leggings: Miss Behaven's Stigler, OK boutique.
Vest:JouJou
Boots: Naturalizer








No comments:

Post a Comment