Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Revamp thanks to @cool_sharry


Well, my darlings, I am back.

This blog, “When in doubt, buy it” isn’t going to be about my former shenanigans. Trust me, I had a great time living out the Samantha Jones life, but even Samantha Jones settled down for a little while with Smith. Do not fear. There will be plenty of shenanigans and vulgar language. A woman in her mid-20s always has room for a few drunken nights on the town. Oh, fuck. I just re-read that I am in my mid-20s. (The only good thing about being in your mid-20s is being able to rent a convertible.)

 The sad fact is that being a 26-year-old woman, not married, and not having any children makes me a supernatural creature in this area of the world… or maybe it is because I only drink filtered water? Either way, I am a 100% OK with not being a mother or ex-wife. I am able to save money or spend it on ridiculous shoes or go at my leisure of the weekends. It is a glorious life and I don’t plan on changing that anytime soon.

Now, the blog I have ignored for far too long. My dear friend and BIG sister, Sharry Mouss @cool_sharry tweeted me yesterday about starting a daily outfit blog. After thinking about it for 2.9 seconds, I agreed. So, I bought a full length mirror for my office and will take a daily picture of what I throw on my body daily. I am a very emotional dresser. This will become obvious quickly. I dress depending on my mood. “Fashion Over Function” molds my every day.

I will also admit I am a very savvy shopper. Ross Dress for Less, Marshall’s, and T.J. Maxx are my go to stores for fashionable and affordable items (as well as any sale rack). The only exceptions are ToyWatch, Lilly Pulitzer, Kate Spade bags, and Tiffany’s.

I am excited to share my world through what I wear.

 I will also post pictures of fun fashion finds or what inspires an outfit or style. I do a lot of traveling and can come across the sweetest items.
Tuesday, August 14, 2012

"Did you just get off a boat?" No, but I do enjoy wearing seersucker during the last few weeks of summer. I have had more complements on the blouse today. I think I bought it 5 years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment