Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Birthdays and Goodbyes

Today, September 11, 2012, can be a sad day. However, I try to look on the bright side of this day and want to wish my dear friend and saver of the planet, Savannah, Happy Birthday. She is a brilliant, creative and caring person. The world is just a little bit better having someone like her. She is living in California right now while her husband (another planet saver) works on his Ph.D. Sending all my love to her on her 26th birthday:)









 
 
 
 
This is where I parked this morning. All I could see while sitting in my car were tires. 
 
 
First song on Pandora this morning was "Dirty Diana." Today is going to be a good day. It made me think of @cool_sharry and I at Ned's doing "the Lakyn."
In other news, I am addicted to the game SongPop on my phone. This is serious. Name That Tune was one of my favorite games growing up and my great-grandmother, Nan, loved it just as much. We are more a like than people think.
 
I do have some sad news as well. A wonderful man I have known my whole life passed away on Sunday. I didn't have the emotional strength to write about it yesterday.
Ed Whitworth was a caring man with a love for learning and helped create many generations of life long learners. I am blessed to have had the chance to know and learn from him. He was the "spit and bailing wire" that held my little country church together and Sunday mornings will never be the same without him. He was an avid reader and was always up on his current events. He was a true inspiration and will be greatly missed. I only hope I can be an "Ed" in a students life. I will say my last goodbye to Ed tomorrow but I know he and the lessons he taught will be with me forever.
 
 
Tuesday, Sept. 11, 2012
 
 
I have given up on summer. Today, I broke out the boots. Goodbye summer and hello to fall. I have always loved this season. Changing colors, cooler temperatures, football season, MLB playoffs in October, Halloween, and weenie roast at the farm. It is just a wonderful time for me and my family. So as I say goodbye to seersucker, linen pants, white Sperrys, I say hello to cords, tights, boots, blazers, hats, sweaters and the holiday season. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment