Monday, September 10, 2012

There is no crying in Wahoo

Oh, what a weekend.

I am becoming more and more spoiled with my Fridays being easy as brown and serve rolls (I would say pie, but that stuff is difficult and I never properly learned how to make those perfect scalloped edges). Because I work at what I like to call "a suitcase campus," Friday afternoons here are slllllllooooooowwwwww. I love it. This past Friday I felt pretty icky. I got my work finished and took a late lunch to visit my cousins at the Latimer County Free Fair. That means 4-H and show season is just around the corner. After watching the livestock judging competition (and owning it), being hounded by the Red Oak 4-H club to buy something from the consession stand and seeing all the blue ribbons won by my cousins, I made my way back to the office to wrap up all the last of my work of the week and head over to my apartment to finish the last bit of painting. I am going to love my apartment once it is finished.

Me and L tailgating in Stillwater last year
Friday evening I went back to the Goddard (the county fair grounds) to watch my cousins in the Pet Costume Competition. Now, I know what you are thinking, "On a Friday night?" Let me let you in on a little secret: I love my little cousins. I would watch hours of T-ball games, drive hours for a 5 minute dance performance, and decorate for birthdays until my hands were bleeding.
OK, back to Friday evening. My cousin Asher (9) was showing his pet St. Bernard, Barney, my Reed (6) was showing a little mut named Tebow, and Quincee (3) (the Ellie May Clampet of the family) was showing her goat, Nellie. Miss Q won the competition and the goat pulled her across the arena twice.

After leaving the fair grounds, my mother and I went to Red Oak and recieved the news that my cousin, Lane's minor league baseball team had be defeated therefore ending thier post season. Upon hearing this news I know that my favorite cousin will soon be in Oklahoma.
 Mom and I had made plans to go to Tulsa on Saturday morning and look at furniture for my apartment. This was a very successfull trip. I had fallen in love with a retro sofa and chair at The Retro Den in Tulsa (like them on Facebook. Seriously. Do it.)


The sofa is a two piece sectional. I die.


Sunday was church and everyone looking at Lane. I dropped mom off at church and went to my Aunt Shelley's house to start marinating some chicken for L's welcome home lunch. As I am searching for something to marinate the meat in, I open the refridgerator and see a Corona. Yep, I poured to beer over the chicken and went on my happy way. Jesus was the life of the party too, right? (water into wine. Hell. Yes.)
L and Reed are just like each other.
After lunch, the family breaks our the Whaoo board. My family is very competitive. We play to win. Jesus loves winners after all. Lane is cocky, Reed is crying and I am trying like hell to knock someone off the board. In the end, Lane won both games, Reed cried and I came in second place.
Whaoo!






























Monday, September 10
Mondays seem to fly bye. No complaints here.

<----------------------------- Mornings are still difficult. I get dressed half asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment