Monday, September 17, 2012

Mosters and Cupcakes

This is me admitting failure. This won't happen often (ask the manfriend about that), but I did fail on updating the ole blog last week. I was a small cluster of a week. Today, we can catch up on the events.

I posted Wednesday morning and so much has happened since then. I paid my final respects to a great man and am still at a loss for words on how much he will be missed.
I finally beat my cousin Lane (@LAdamsKC) in a nail biting game of Wahoo. Reed, my 6-year-old cousin, came is second.
Wednesday is reserved for volleyball. It can get out of hand.
Thursday was a complete fail day. I had a spectacular outfit.  Navy and white striped Ralph Lauren Dress with an orange belt and Lilly Pulitzer Resort Wedges. I was wearing this outfit when I dumped an entire ice chest full of ice, water and bottled water in the floor of my office. Sounds awesome, right? By 2pm I was wearing norts and Nikes and hiking down the dam at Robbers Cave. I decided at that moment I was taking Friday off.
On Friday I came to work. Dammit.
 Friday, Septemeber 14, 2012------------------------------->
I told my boss and filled out the paperwork but still felt like I needed to be there and get some work wrapped up. I showed my face in her office and she told me to get out of here. She didn't even have to twist my arm and I was off to Stillwater and the Cowboy Nation.

I always love being in Stillwater during game weekends. Everyone is in America's Brightest Orange and prepping for game day. It also means getting to see the manfriend:)
Friday evening was a sushi date with two good friends and going to bed early because tailgating for an 11am kickoff starts very early in the morning.

 
Bloody Mary Bar, Screwdrivers and Mimosas
 

























After the game and sobering up, I kissed the manfriend goodbye for a week and headed to the lakehouse. I was greeted with giggling girls and my cousin Dru blowing up bars of soap in the microwave. I love my family.
We were gathering at the lakehouse to celebrate Miss Teagan Tate's first birthday. In my family, birthdays are a big deal. The theme was "Pink Monster" and very fitting.


Pink Monster
Teagan Tate, Sweet T, T Cup




Teagan's Pink Monster Cake



Mom and KK making sleeping arrangements

 We can't just tackle one task at a time in my family. As Jade and I are decorating for Miss Sweet T's birthday, we were also working on sleeping arrangements for the family reunion the next weekend at the lakehouse. Nothing can be simple in my family.

While this is going on, little cousins are running around playing, wrestling, taking baths, and rough housing.


Teagan's mom, Jade. She puts up with us.
The lakehouse has started reminding me of the movie,
The Great Outdoors. You never know what is going to happen, what is going to flood or who is going to slam a door. Good times.
Sunday I had a flat, almost ran out of gas, got pulled over (warning), and made a two hour drive in eight.
Good weekend. Doing it all over again this week.





Monday, Septemeber 17, 2012

--------------------------------------------->



No comments:

Post a Comment