Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Inflatables and Fried Potatoes


Well, I am now going to update you on the fabulous weekend I had at my family reunion at the lake house.
Our View.
 
 
Friday afternoon was dragging by until I got a phone call from my boss saying, "Let's leave." I was out the door and headed to Monroe to pick up the Manfriend. After saying hello and chatting we made our way to the lake house at Burnt Cabin. When we arrived we were bombarded with family and hugs. That is never a bad thing. My nephew, GuyJack, was already covered in bruises from playing so hard. (Check out his legs.)
Friday evening was Sam & Ella's and beer. Never a dull moment.
 
Saturday started early. GJ got into bed with the manfriend and me around 6:30am so mom could take Oscar to run the the Gore Dam Run. He finished first in his age group. While the runners were running and the breakfast club was enjoying breakfast and Jincy's (General Store from Where the Red Fern Grows) manfriend and I took care and fed a bunch of children. I guess this was the perfect form of birth control. While all of this was going on, the inflatables were delivered. Hello good times. Chance (manfriend) was a trooper and helped find outlets and breaker boxes so the children could start their fun.
Great-Aunt Juanita

Saturday was an easy day of relaxing and talking. The weather was perfect. Mid-afternoon we started making a traditional "West" family dinner. Fry bread, beans, fried potatoes, and everything in between. My great-aunt Juanita is the fry bread maker of the family.
After dinner and more jumping in the inflatables we had a birthday party for my Ginny and her twin sister Sticky. After that, Chance and I went into Gore to buy some beer and drinks for the rest of the family. When we returned we began watching the OU-K State game.
 
Ginny and Sticky
We later came back to the main house and talked until we couldn't keep our eyes open and went off to rest for the night. Sunday morning meant big breakfast and chocolate gravy. My Nan was the maker of all makers of chocolate gravy. It is a family tradition.
Chocolate Gravy
 
The little ladies and me
Mom and GJ in an inflatable
I know I can complain about my family and how they drive me nuts, but I do love each of them very very much. I wouldn't be who I am without them.
 

After saying our goodbyes, Chance and I headed back to Monroe to pick up a washer and dryer his family is letting me have ( I think they like me a little) and delivered it to my apartment in Wilburton. I really do have an amazing manfriend. He makes my heart go pitter patter and I would be in a dark place without him.


If he had to climb in once he did 50 times







 
That brings me to today, Tuesday, September 25
---------------------------------------------------------------------->

 



No comments:

Post a Comment